The great Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Drew Pearson #88 said this after the game via his twitter account.
Thank Goodness Coach Landry not around to see this. Just too many simple mental mistakes. If coach Landry was here someone would be gone.— Drew Pearson #88 (@DrewPearsonShow) September 15, 2013
The same key mistakes and red zone issues continues to haunt the Dallas Cowboys (1-1) as they fall to the Kansas City Chiefs (2-0) 17-16 at Arrowhead Stadium.
The Cowboys defense held Chiefs' running back Jamaal Charles to 55 yards rushing on 16 attempts and quarterback Alex Smith was 21 of 36 for 223 yards passing with two touchdowns but they wasn't enough as the Cowboys turned the ball over two times on key Cowboys drives.
Key Plays of the game:
1. Offensive pass interference on Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant. I thought it was a bad call from the referees which negated the Cowboys first down.
2. Cowboys running back Lance Dunbar’s third-quarter fumble in Kansas City territory which led to a 40 yard field goal by kicker Ryan Succop and put the Chiefs up 17-16.
3. Cowboys cornerback Morris Claiborne getting flagged for pass interference on a key third down play that gave the Kansas City Chiefs an automatic first down.
4. Cowboys offense lineman Ronald Leary false start on Chiefs' 4-yard line on third down and we had to settle for a Dan Bailey field goal.
5. No running game or lack there of. The Cowboys as a team totaled an abysmal 37 yards rushing on 16 attempts for the game. Not good.
Hopefully the Cowboys can rebound and fix the above issues as they prepare for the St. Louis Rams at AT&T stadium.